Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Opportunity to help victims of the Boston Marathon

Every single runner blog I follow has mentioned the horrific senseless bombings at the Boston Marathon. The fact that people target events with tons of innocent people is beyond my comprehension. I just can't get over the evil in this world. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected. Beyond that, I am at a loss for words.

I don't think I have mentioned this before but I am a local chapter leader for a national running group called Moms RUN This Town. I signed up a couple weeks ago and am very excited to be part of such a group. (If you are in the Edison, NJ area and would like to join, please feel fee to contact me).

I am proud to say that Moms RUN This Town (MRTT) as well as Recover Recycled Apparel have created a t-shirt as a fundraiser for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings. You can buy the t-shirt here. The t-shirt costs $18 and $10 of that will go towards Boston victims. I found this article very interesting in that while a lot of people are unfortunately making money off of the tragedy, some are genuinely concerned in fundraising for the victims. I can honestly say that the founder of MRTT,  Pam Burrus (the article mistakenly refers to her as Pam Burns), is part of the latter group.

I just tried to order a shirt for myself and my husband and realized that shipping is steep. Unfortunately, Recover has to ship through UPS and that ups (no pun intended) the cost. If you know a couple people that would like the shirt, it's a good idea to combine the order to save on shipping. I'll update this post if I can get my hands on a discount shipping code. 

I just came across this blog with 10 Ways to Support Boston so you might want to check that out as well.

United We Run,
Renita



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Thanks for posting one!